What Has More Calories Beer Or Whiskey?- Alcohol can be a “hidden” source of calories you can have a glass of wine (or two) with dinner or in the New Year’s whiskey without thinking about the extra calories you’re consuming.
But alcoholic beverages can make a significant contribution to your daily calorie intake. A 2012 study found that the average American adult consumes 100 calories per day from beer, wine, or other alcoholic beverages. Maintaining a healthy weight is always a good idea, So there should be other mediums in which we see the Number of our calories. One way is to understand the nutritional value of what we consume, especially alcohol like Whiskey and Beer.
So Today we will see, What Has More Calories Beer Or Whiskey?
Table of Contents
What Has More Calories Beer Or Whiskey?
|Calories In Beer Per Bottle||Calories In Whisky Per ML|
|Beck’s- 138||30ml- 71|
|Carlsberg- 113||60ml- 142|
|Corona- 149||180ml- 426|
|Heineken- 124||375ml- 888|
|Pale Ale- 149||750ml- 1775|
Whiskey vs Beer Calories
Calories In Beer
If you have a beer stomach, you are not alone. Around the world, it appears that beer drinkers have a tendency to grow bellies, especially as they get older or if they are men.
But does beer really cause stomach upset? This may not be true for some of us. So to understand the basic science behind it, we have written down some pointers which will definitely help in resolving your ambiguity about beer.
Read More- Top 10 Beer Benefits For Health
Beer Nutrition Facts
Think you’re eating healthy? Have you cut back on sugary snacks and fry-ups? So why aren’t you losing weight? The answer may be in that glass in front of you and the calories in it. It certainly doesn’t sound like a donut, but as far as your stomach is concerned, it is. So, how many calories are in beer?
Calories In Beer In India
- Kingfisher: 218 calories
- Tuborg: 202 calories
- Kingfisher ultra:140 calories
- Pilsner Urquell: 220 calories
- Michelob: 127 calories
- Guinness: 180 calories
- Heineken: 220 calories
- Corona: 148 calories
- Budweiser: 207 calories
- Stella Artois:295 calories
- Beck’s – 215 calories
How many Calories Are In Beer?
Take a look at the calories in some drinks…
- Bitter – 180 calories
- Mild bitter – 142 calories
- Pale ale – 182 calories
- Brown ale – 160 calories
- Stout – 210 calories
- Lager – ordinary strength – 170 calories
- Lager – premium – 338 calories
- Dry cider – 190 calories
- Sweet cider – 220 calories
- Vintage sweet cider – 580 calories
Things to keep in mind if you don’t want a beer belly-
- Beer lovers should have a light beer with less than 100 calories or reduce portions.
- Don’t forget to have a healthy meal before or with your drinks.
- Prefer to go only on weekends than usual. This may be your first step towards a healthier walk and then just keep the alternate weekend for a slow drink.
Calories In Whisky
Whiskey is a distilled spirit made from a mash of malt barley and other cereals. Scotch whiskey must be sold under that name in Scotland. Whiskey made in the United States is called bourbon. The word “whiskey” is spelled differently in the US; In Scotland, it’s “whisky”.
Whiskey Nutrition Facts
The following nutrition information is provided by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) for one shot (42g or 1.5 ounces) of scotch whiskey.
- Calories: 97
- Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 0.42mg
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 0g
- Alcohol: 14g
Read More- Top 10 Best Bourbons For Beginners
Carbs In Whisky
One shot of Scotch contains 97 calories, no carbohydrates, no sugar, and no fiber. Other types of whiskey provide the same amount of calories and carbohydrates.
Since scotch contains no carbohydrates, scotch is assumed to have an approximate glycemic index of zero. The glycemic index is a relative ranking of food that predicts how the carbohydrates in the food affect your blood sugar.
Fats In Whisky
There is no fat in scotch.
Protein In Whisky
Scotch contains no protein.
Alcohol In Whisky
Scotch provides 14 grams of alcohol. Each gram of alcohol provides 7 calories. Therefore, all of the calories in scotch come from alcohol, assuming that is consumed neat or on ice.
Vitamin and Minerals
While there are trace minerals in whiskey, you will not gain any substantial micronutrients when you consume it.1
Calories In Whisky
One serving — 42g or 1.5 ounces — of whiskey contains 97 calories, most of which come from the alcohol content.
Things to Keep in Mind While Drinking Whisky
When you want to drink whiskey to see your weight, it is best to pay close attention to what you use throughout the day. For a low-calorie night out, consider the following tips:
- Neat, on, straight up, or on the rocks: Don’t mix whiskey with anything, not even soda. If you want to dilute the strength of the whiskey a little, put it on the rocks or with a splash of water. Besides, this is the best and most traditional way to enjoy it.
- Eat well beforehand: When you know you’re going out with friends for a night out, make sure to eat quality, healthy and low-calorie meals before you start drinking. Also, make sure you snack on healthy foods throughout the evening.
- Drink high-quality spirits: Avoid guzzling down shot after shot of cheap whiskey. It is better to drink a glass slowly every 45 minutes and replace it with a glass of water. Measure your drinks and don’t slam them.
- Watch what you consume: Watch your calorie intake before and during whiskey consumption. Count what you have already finished. Subtract that from how many calories your body burned. If you have a negative number, you can indulge a little. But, if it exceeds, you may need to have a drink or two.
Beer Vs Whiskey Calories Video Summary
Conclusion – What Has More Calories Beer Or Whiskey?
Beer and hard liquor offer health benefits that are similar apart from a few minor differences. Unlike rum, whiskey, gin, and tequila, vodka, rum, whiskey, and gin are free of carbohydrates, making them especially helpful if you want to keep your blood sugar low.
Beer contains more antioxidants than hard liquor, but they are less potent. Compared to hard liquor, which typically contains fewer carbohydrates, it contains less sugar. When comparing beer to wine in terms of health benefits, beer is clearly superior. You’d think it would be fun if hard liquor was a problem.
FAQ- What Has More Calories Beer Or Whiskey?
1. Is whiskey better for weight loss than beer?
– There isn’t much of a difference between 80-proof hard liquors. “They all have around the same amount of calories and carbohydrates.” And as calories increase along with alcohol content, the difference isn’t huge.
2. Does whiskey cause belly fat?
– Alcohol can contribute to excess belly fat.
3. Which is healthier beer or whiskey?
– An average 12-ounce glass of beer with a 5 percent ABV usually contains 150 calories, so whisky has fewer calories per alcohol-containing serving compared with beer.
4. Is it OK to drink beer every day?
– Alcoholic beer is likely safe for most adults when used in moderation (two 12-ounce glasses daily). But drinking more than this is possibly unsafe.